- Perelman School of Medicine’s report on genetically engineered T cells to fight leukemia
- FBI releases annual crime data report
- Jehovah’s Witness elder arrested for sexual abuse
- Today’s local weather, snow showers
- Brendan G. Carr named Director of Federal Emergency Care Coordination Center
- Libertarian Party Chair Neale forges ties with European counterparts
- Rainy Monday – Westmoreland Co. forecast
- Family loses health coverage, rejected by Obamacare
- Pennsylvania couple charged for killing man for fun
- Snow showers possible today
- Town wide open house in Ligonier
- Nativity Celebration in New Derry
- Your weekend forecast – Westmoreland County
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Sprucing up your garage, some practical tips
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) released its second compilation of annual data from the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS). The report, NIBRS 2012, presents core tables about incident and offense data submitted by a third of the nation’s law enforcement agencies that participate in the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, as well as a new series of tables with agency-level data.
The report also furnishes a series of tables about sex offenses and another new series of tables with data about arrestees.
A man serving as a Jehovah’s Witness elder minister in Oklahoma was arrested on 19 counts of sexual abuse, according to authorities. Authorities said they had received numerous reports of other children being molested by Ronald Lawrence, 76 years of age, from more than 30 years ago.
It is believed, according to Lawrence’s arrest warrant, the Kingdom Hall church where Lawrence was an elder, chose not to inform law enforcement of the abuse. Authorities said that if the Jehovah’s Witness church withheld information from authorities that they too could face criminal charges.
Snow, mainly before 1:00 pm. High near 28. West wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Brendan G. Carr, MD, MA, MS, assistant professor of Emergency Medicine and Epidemiology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennslyvania, has been named as the director of the Emergency Care Coordination Center (ECCC).
Following a landmark report on the future of emergency care by the Institute of Medicine, the ECCC was created by Presidential Directive in order to improve national preparedness and response by promoting research, regional partnerships, and effective emergency medical systems.
Libertarian Party Chair Geoffrey Neale made an historic trip in November to forge ties with emerging Libertarian Parties in Europe and Russia.
Neale addressed audiences in Madrid and Moscow, well-attended by Libertarian leaders within each country as well as by representatives from the U.K., Italy, Germany, and the Netherlands.
County residents are likely to see rain today. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tonight, there’s a chance of rain and snow.
A couple in Pennsylvania is struggling to keep their healthcare coverage, like countless others within the state and throughout the U.S.
Sharon Burke and her husband have attempted to sign up for health insurance coverage on the Obamacare website for two months but without success.
Authorities said a Pennsylvania couple enticed a man to his death through an ad on Craigslist because they wanted to murder someone for the fun of it.
Police said that Elytte Barbour, 22 years of age, and Miranda Barbour, 18 years of age, had made previous plans to kill someone but their plans had been foiled.